SeeClickFix Blog #1

• In your own words describe what the company called SEECLICKFIX does for people living in Oakland.

SEECLICKFIX helps Oakland by reporting the people that are suppose to keep Oakland clean and so the people that is suppose to fix that can fix that issue going on in Oakland and trying to make oakland a better community and better city.

• Do you think SEECLICKFIX helps people in Oakland to resist oppression?  Explain why, or why not.  

I think Oakland helps people resist oppression because they are alerting the people that are suppose to clean up or fix the problem because it can harm all of us by smelling it when we pass by, being disrespected, or just polluting can cause climate change that can harm us and the world.

• Explain the story of how you took your picture for the SEECLICKFIX project (Describe what you took a picture of, when you took it, where you were, how, and why).

I knew some places that had a lot of trash and I decided to report it but all them were clean so I was really sad but then days later I saw on the sidewalk in the corner of 50th AVE and bancroft that there was trash and this thing on the ground that looked disgusting. It had empty containers of oil and paint. I took the picture Thursday April 12 ,2018. I then sended it to my ousd email.

• What did you do in class to join SEECLICKFIX on their website?  Describe the steps you took.

First, I went in the website. Secondly, I clicked on the sighn up tab. Thirdly, I allowed SEECLICKFIX to see my location. Fourthly, I typed my name. Fifthly, I typed out my ousd email. Sixthly, I put my student ID as my password and typed again for confirmation. Seventhly, I scrolled down and clicked on the tab that it says I’m not a robot.  Eighthly, I clicked SIGN UP AND COMPLETE. Lastly,  I went to my school email and confirmed my account in SEECLICKFIX.

• What did you do in class to report an issue to SEECLICKFIX? DON’T FORGET TO SHARE YOUR ISSUE ID NUMBER!  Describe the steps you took.

Firstly, I went to my school  email and downloaded the picture that I sended myself through the phone.  Secondly, I logged into my SEECLICKFIX account and clicked on Report an Issue. Thirdly, I dragged the red point to where the location of the problem was. Fourthly, I clicked on the word category and I looked for what category my problem was in. Fifthly, I typed the issue title. Sixthly, put the picture I downloaded of the problem to the SEECLICKFIX page. Lastly I reported the issue and copied 4333709 because its my issue ID #.

• Do you predict that the City of Oakland will fix the problem you reported?  Explain why, or why not.

I think they won’t because it’s just trash and there can be more important stuff they are working on.

One thought on “SeeClickFix Blog #1”

1. Hi Juana, littering/trash is definitely a problem to address. However, would you care to further explain what your stand is on this issue. Aside from that, I totally agree with what you are saying about how all the trash is harming us in different ways. In my opinion, I hate people who litter. I don’t think it’s hard to clean up after yourself. Like, do people expect others to clean up for them by leaving trash on the sidewalk/corners/streets? It’s really not that hard to walk to a trashcan. Also, I can tell you are passionate about the environment. So, be more confident and optimistic about your case. You’re not the only one who feels this way!